This course will teach delegates to correctly prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by air.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for delegates who have not completed the Dangerous Goods by Air course before or who have not familiarised themselves with the subject or technical manuals for some time.
The course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority and the Irish Aviation Authority, and concludes with a validation. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must revalidate their qualification.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Locate key information from all sections of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Correctly package, mark and label a consignment in compliance with IATA regulations
- Correctly complete dangerous goods documentation (Shipper’s declaration)
- Competently check shipments in compliance with IATA (Acceptance Check List)
- Overview of the Regulations (ICAO, IATA, ADR, IMDG)
- Navigating the regulations
- Examine dangerous goods incidents
- State and Operator Variations
- Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging
- Different Dangerous Goods Packed Together
- Specification Marking
- Marking and Labelling
- Shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Shipment Checking
- Air Waybill completion