This combined course will teach delegates to correctly prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by road & sea.
Who should take this course?
This is a practical solution for shippers, packers, freight forwarders, hauliers and shipping line personnel who move dangerous goods to and from the UK to other parts of the world by road and sea.
The course is led by a qualified dangerous goods safety adviser and all delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Locate key information from all sections of the ADR & IMDG Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Correctly package, mark and label a consignment in compliance with ADR & IMDG regulations
- Correctly complete dangerous goods documentation (dangerous goods note)
- Understand vehicle, container placarding, driver requirements, tunnel codes & segregation requirments.
- Introduction to the Regulations ADR / IMDG / UK Road Regulations
- Hazard Classes
- UN numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- Packing Groups
- Mixed Packing
- Excepted Quantities
- Limited Quantities
- Package marking and testing
- Marking and labelling
- Documentation - completion of the dangerous goods note
- Vehicle and container placarding
- Driver requirements
- Tunnel codes
- The role and responsibilities of the DGSA
- UK derogations