This course prepares delegates for the Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser exams, which are administered by the SQA and held at centres across the UK.
Who should take this course?
Organisations involved in the transport of dangerous goods must have an appointed Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA). This course is for delegates who wish to become the appointed DGSA for their organisation.
We will prepare candidates for CORE, ROAD and ALL CLASSES papers and will include mock papers as part of the course content. You will be pleased to note that the pass rate of Peter East Associates’ clients exceeds the national average. The exams are administered by the Scottish Qualification Authority.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Be fully aware of the scope of the DGSA legislation
- Have a full understanding of the duties of the DGSA including: training, the annual report, incident reporting
- Be able to recognise the legal status of being a DGSA
- Be able to develop some basic strategies for resolving ‘typical’ DGSA problems
- Have any other DGSA related questions answered
Need help or assistance?
For help or assistance, please contact us via email at email@example.com, Livechat or via telephone on +44 208 953 6721.
- Introduction to the Regulations ADR UK Road Regulations
- Hazard Classes
- UN numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- Packing Groups
- Mixed Packing
- Excepted Quantities
- Limited Quantities
- Package marking and testing
- Marking, labelling & overpacks
- Documentation - completion of dangerous goods note
- Vehicle and container placarding
- Driver requirements
- Tunnel codes
- The role and responsibilities of the DGSA
- UK derogations