Your privacy is very important to us.
Accordingly and in line with GDPR requirements, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
Introduction / Purpose:
This policy provides a guideline of how Peter East Associates Ltd will protect the data of customers and business contacts. Peter East Associates Ltd is a ‘data controller’ and is committed to acting in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Peter East Associates Ltd ensures it complies with the principles of the GDPR by:
- Processing your personal data fairly and lawfully.
- Collecting personal data for the specific purposes set out in the ‘Personal Data’ section of this policy.
- Ensuring personal data is accurate. Where necessary Peter East Associates Ltd will update records and ensure inaccurate records are changed or deleted.
- Making sure we do not keep personal data for longer than necessary. We will retain your information to allow us to carry out our obligations as a training company. Your information will be kept for 8 years after which it will be archived or deleted. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations.
- Ensuring that data is kept secure and protected against unlawful processing. (Please see the Data Protection and Organisational Measures sections of this policy.)
Personal Data and how we use it
The information that we process is done for our legitimate business interest in delivering our training courses. The following personal data is collected and processed by Peter East Associates Ltd:
- Full name- for certificates and correspondence in relation to any dangerous goods course enquiries, bookings or orders.
- Email address- for correspondence with regard to any dangerous goods course enquiries, bookings or orders;
- Address- to send invoices, certificates and other relevant paperwork or goods;
- Telephone numbers- to contact regarding dangerous goods enquiries, bookings etc.
- Job Title – For business purposes and operating in a customer- focused efficient manner.
Your rights over your personal data
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data Peter East Associates Ltd holds about you
- Rectification of the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect
- The erasure of your personal data:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- To restrict or object to our data processing activities
If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Peter East Associates sometimes shares your personal data with trusted third parties to ensure we are able to deliver our training courses. These include IT companies that support our website, operational companies such as delivery couriers and subcontractors that deliver our training courses.
- We only provide the information they need to perform their specific duties.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Data Protection Measures
Peter East Associates shall ensure that all employees, agencies, contractors or other parties working on its behalf comply with the following policies when working with personal data:
- Where any personal data or otherwise is disposed of for any reason, it should be securely destroyed.
- Personal data may be transferred over secure networks only; transmission over unsecured networks should not be completed under any circumstances;
- All hard copies of data and any electronic copies stored on physical, removable files shall be stored securely in a locked box, drawer, cabinet or similar;
- If personal data is visible on a computer screen and the computer in question is to be left unattended for a long period of time, the user must lock the computer and screen;
- All personal data shall be backed up regularly with backups stored.
- All electronic copies of personal data should be stored securely using passwords.
- All passwords will contain a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. All software used by Peter East Associates is designed to require a password.
- Peter East Associates shall ensure that the following organisational measures are taken with respect to the collection, holding and processing of personal data:
- All employees, agencies and third parties working on behalf of Peter East Associates shall be made aware of their individual responsibilities and Peter East Associates’ responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation act and under this policy.
- Only employees, agencies, contractors and other parties working on behalf of Peter East Associates will have access to personal data held by Peter East Associates to carry out their assigned duties.
- All employees, agencies, contractors and other parties working on behalf of Peter East Associates handling personal data will be appropriately trained to do so.
- Methods of collecting and processing personal data shall be regularly evaluated and reviewed.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your data, or our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can do so by contacting them on 303 123 1113 or visiting their website: www.ico.org.uk.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or of our use of your personal data, please contact us on 0208 953 6721 or email@example.com.