Many companies shipping dangerous goods by road are under a legal obligation to appoint a Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA).
As well as offering training to prepare for the DGSA exams, Peter East Associates can also act as consultant DGSA for companies who do not wish to appoint someone internally. Our DGSA service offers complete flexibility to give cover for as little as a few months while someone gets qualified, as sickness or maternity cover or as an annual renewable contract. We can provide cover for single site companies or those based in a number of locations.
A Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) holds a number of responsibilities including:
- Monitoring on compliance with the law.
- Advising on the transport of dangerous goods and relevant training requirements.
- Preparing an annual report of the employers’ activities.
- Monitoring a range of procedures and safety measures.
- Investigating and compiling reports on any accidents or emergencies.
- Advising on the potential security aspects of transport.
Why choose Peter East?
- You inherit a network of DGSAs – We have many qualified and experienced DGSAs at your disposal, so you are not just dependent on one individual with no back-up for holidays and illness.
- Although the legislation is only required for transport by road, we can provide cover for air, road and sea to ensure you are compliant across all three modes of transport.
- Our DGSA clients get free spaces on our bi-annal Dangerous Goods Update seminars so you are always up to date with changes with the regulations.
Reach back service
Alternatively, we also offer a DGSA e-mail reach-back service where we can respond to any queries you may have. This service is ideal for companies needing support for an in-house DGSA or who do not require a full DGSA service. The reach-back service can be supplemented with other DGSA services such as preparation of the annual report and site visits at an extra cost.
Need help or assistance?
For help or assistance, please contact us via email at email@example.com, Livechat or via telephone on +44 208 953 6721.
No two clients are the same or have the same needs. We are always keen to assist enquiries and to discuss individual requirements. Please contact us if you are uncertain of your situation.