A practical course for those only involved with packing dangerous goods.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for delegates who are only involved the packing/re-packing of dangerous goods. The session is divided into two sessions, a classroom session and practical session for delegates to practice packing your products. We discuss your relevant packing requirements and cover any exemptions which can potentially save you great deal on packaging costs.
The course is led by a qualified dangerous goods safety adviser and all delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to navigate the packing instructions of
- Correctly package, mark and label a consignment in compliance with the regulations
- Identify dangerous goods which can be sent as EQ or LQ so as to take advantage of reliefs in regulations.
- The legislative framework - UN, ADR, IMDG, ICAO / IATA
- Responsibilities of the parties
- Classes of dangerous goods
- UN Numbers
- Proper shipping names
- Packing Groups
- General packing requirements
- Packing instructions
- Mixed packing
- Limited quantities
- Excepted quantities
- Labelling of packages
- UN specification packing
- Documentation – an overview
- Cargo segregation