Do You Ship Infectious Substances by Air?
With the Covid-19 pandemic and the recent Monkeypox outbreak, there has been ever increasing demand for infectious substances training to allow companies and researchers to transport specimens worldwide.
For many years Peter East Associates have been one of the very few training providers that deliver a Carriage of Diagnostic and Infectious Substances by Air training course. Our training is fully approved by the UK Civil Aviation Authority and after successful completion, participants will be certified to ship infectious substances and specimens all over the world.
We deliver an instructor-led course that is tutored online so our customers have the flexibility to participate in the course from their workplace or from the comfort of their home. Additionally, we often run sessions in the morning and afternoon so the training can be balanced around demanding work schedules.
The course is delivered over 2 ½ days and some of the course content includes:
- The legislative framework – UN, ADR, IMDG, ICAO, IATA
- State and operator variations
- UN numbers and Proper shipping names
- Classification and Category A and Category B
- Infectious Substances, Biological Products, GMOs and Biological Substances
- Packaging requirements – Category A and Category B plus dry ice (carbon dioxide, solid)
- Labelling and marking
- Documentation – how to complete it, when is it required.
Our next live online course is taking place on the 18th – 19th July 2022. To book please use our online booking form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.