This course examines the regulations for "excepted & limited quantities" by any combination of air, road or sea.
Who should take this course?
This training has proved popular for companies sending low level dangerous goods (such as perfume, paint etc) in relatively small quantities per package as it covers all three modes of transport.
If you are unsure of whether your dangerous goods can be transported as an excepted or limited quantity, please get in touch with the office to speak to an adviser.
The course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority and the Irish Aviation Authority, and concludes with a validation. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must revalidate their qualification. A certificate of attendance is provided for the road and sea modules
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Locate key information from all sections of the IATA, ADR & IMDG Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Understand the packaging requirements for excepted and limited quantities
- Correctly package, mark and label a consignment in compliance with IATA, ADR & IMDG regulations
- Correctly complete dangerous goods documentation (shipper’s declaration and dangerous goods note)
- Introduction to the Regulations - ADR / IMDG / UK Road Regulations
- Hazard Classes
- UN numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- Packing Groups
- Mixed Packing
- Excepted Quantities
- Limited Quantities
- Package marking and testing
- Marking and labelling
- Documentation - completion of the dangerous goods note