This is a specialised course for delegates who are looking to transport radioactive materials by air.
Who should take this course?
This course will enable delegates to deal effectively and confidently with all aspects of the transport of radioactive material by air.
This course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority, and concludes with an open book validation. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must revalidate their qualification.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Locate key information from all sections of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Correctly package, mark and label a consignment in compliance with IATA regulations
- Correctly complete dangerous goods documentation (shipper’s declaration)
- Check shipments for full compliance with the regulations
- Introduction to the Regulations IATA
- Hazard Classes
- UN numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- Packing Groups
- Package marking and testing
- Marking and labelling
- Documentation - completion of the shipper’s declaration