This course will teach delegates to correctly prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by rail. Also an ideal solution for current DGSAs seeking to prepare for the rail DGSA exam.
Who should take this course?
This is a practical solution for those who move dangerous goods to and from the UK to other parts of the world by road. This course is also a useful solution for existing DGSAs who wish to take the rail DGSA exam but need to examine where the provisions concerning the carriage of dangerous goods by rail differ from road.
The course is led by a qualified dangerous goods safety adviser and all delegates receive a certificate of attendance. Our certificates are recognised by frieght forwarders, hauliers and shipping lines.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Locate key informatino from all sections of the RID Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Correctly package, mark and label a consignment in compliance with the RID regulations
- Correctly complete dangerous goods documentation
- Understand container & wagon placarding requirements
- Introduction to the Regulations ADR UK Road Regulations
- Hazard Classes
- UN numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- Packing Groups
- Mixed Packing
- Excepted Quantities
- Limited Quantities
- Package marking and testing
- Marking, labelling & overpacks
- Wagon and container placarding
- Documentation - completion of dangerous goods note
- The role and responsibilities of the DGSA